Brighton Half MarathonSun Feb 23rd 2020 at 07:00 until 14:00
BrightonBrighton https://www.myguidebrighton.com/events/brighton-half-marathon BOOK NOW
Come to enjoy the race with the beautiful seafront course with incredible crowd support. The Brighton Half Marathon 2020 is on Sunday 23rd February, and it will be celebrating the 30th years of the event. The event is organised by a local charity The Sussex Beacon. The start and finish of the race are on Madeira Drive.
Race Day Agenda
- 7 am – Race is open for registration – the race registration marquee close to Yellowave beach volleyball courts.
- 9 am - Half Marathon runners start pens.
- 9 am - Brighton Half Youth Race starts.
- 9:27 am – Wheelchair Race starts.
- 9:30 am – The Grand Brighton Half Marathon starts.
- 2:00 pm – Race villages close.
All young runners are welcome to join to run a mile on the course of the half marathon. Anyone aged 7 – 17 can join. So get active and develop a love of exercise and running.
The Youth Race starts and finishes at Hove Lawns along the Prom.
There are five age categories in the 2020 event:
- 7-8 years old
- 9-10 years old
- 11-12 years old
- 13-14 years old
- 15-17 years old
Each runner will receive a free technical T-shirt, finisher’s medal and goody bag.
If you would like to run for a good cause you can also fundraise for a charity close to your heart. The charities participating can help you and guide you on how you can help to fundraise the money.
- Terrence Higgins Trust
- You Raise Me Up
- Young Epilepsy
- Bloodwise – The blood cancer charity
Beach Charity Partners
- Cindy Appleyard Foundation
- Chailey Heritage Foundation
- Educate and Celebrate
- Against Breast Cancer
- Jamie’s Farm
- Say Aphasia
- Brighton Housing Trust
- Dame Vera Lynn Children ‘s Charity
- Look Good Feel Better
- Martlets Hospice
- St. Catherine’s Hospice
- International Animal Rescue
- Albion in the Community
My Guide Website?