Top 10 Outdoor Activities to do in Brighton
If you’re looking for a gentle outdoor fun activity with your family or high-adrenaline adventure, Brighton has it all. Here are just a few options to get you started…
Brighton Bike Tours
Bike tours are great ways to explore the beautiful sights of Brighton. The guided tours lead through the city’s picturesque streets, from the bohemian quarters of North Laine to the opulent Oriental architecture of the Royal Pavilion with some hidden extras.
You’ll uncover the history of Brighton’s fishing industry and discover quirky sights such as a pet cemetery.
Bike tours available to book are:
- 1.5 Hour Evening City Bike Tours – a gentle guided cycle tour buzzed through the city and seafront.
- Grand Brighton Bike Tour – a leisurely 2.5- hour guided tour of the artistic and historic Brighton
- 5-Hour Absolute Brighton Bike Tour – a smooth ride is covering the city highlights, the stunning seafront and the magnificent surrounding parklands.
- Sussex Coastline: E-Biking Tour – exploring Sussex coastline region on modern eBikes. Tour can be adapted to your abilities.
- South Downs or Coastline E-Bike Tour – take in scenic views of the Sussex coastline and South Downs. Paddle from Seven Dials up to Devils Dyke through spectacular panoramic ocean views.
If you are looking for an exciting adventure, Brighton Zip offers a fantastic ride on Brighton seafront. The Brighton Zip is the longest and fastest zip wire on the South Coast. It runs along the well-known Brighton beach with magnificent panoramic sea views. Tasty food options, including fish & chips, are available to book.
Brighton Zip adventures available to book:
- Brighton Zip Line Experience – get an adrenalin rush and fly over the seafront on a 300-meter dual zip line and an additional 24-meter drop zone.
Guided ToursPhoto: Walking Guided Tours, photo credit: © visitbrighton.com
Guided tours will let you discover Brighton and the surrounding areas from an insider’s perspective and explore the famous and historical sights.
Guided tours available to book:
- South Downs: People, Place and Produce Tour – explore the iconic white cliff of The Seven Sister, enjoy a brewery tour, have a traditional pub lunch and listen to the tales of ancient England.
- Private Customizable Brighton Tour with a Local – see the main attractions and best things to do through the eyes of a local.
- Book a Local Host – meet like-minded, vetted local who will arrange a meet up to show you sights and places according to your preferences.
- Essential Tour in Spanish – a walking tour with a Spanish-speaking guide discovering the Brighton Museum, Art Gallery, the Royal Pavilion and much more.
- London Guided Day Trip to Brighton and Seven Sisters – get a local perspective on both the top attractions and lesser-known parts of Brighton and Seven Sisters.
- From London: Seven Sisters and South Downs Full-Day Tour – see the magnificent Seven Sisters white cliffs and views from Devil’s Dyke.
- Private Brighton & Arundel Castle or Petworth House Day Tour – explore the Pavilion, Pier and Lanes of Brighton, take a stroll around Arundel Castle and visit Capability Brown gardens of Petworth.
- From Seven Sisters and South Downs Tour – see the stunning Seven Sisters white cliffs, the views from Devil’s Dyke tour and head to Middle Farm, a traditional Sussex farm and explore the Sussex countryside.
Hatt AdventuresPhoto: Hatt Adventures, photo credit: © thehatt.co.uk
Hatt Adventures is a leading outdoor adventure provider. Whether you’re looking for climbing, kayaking, mountaineering or abseiling adventure you won’t be disappointed. Hatt Adventures also organise regular climbing and kayaking trips with highly qualified and experienced instructors. The experiences are available to book for families, small groups, charity events, corporate hire, stag & hen parties, school bookings, special packages for kids.
Brighton KartingPhoto: Brighton Karting, photo credit: © brightonkarting.co.uk
Brighton Karting is an outdoor venue of high octane racing for speed and thrill-seekers. Booking possibilities are endless. It can be organised as an afternoon activity for full-day hospitality. Before you book, you’re welcome to view the facilities. The 800-meter outdoor circuit is equipped with floodlights and fly-over. The circuit is only 20 minutes from Brighton Town centre. There is a choice of 3 different Karts, 270cc, 200cc and 120cc. Children can kart as eight years old.
Yellow Wave Beach Sport VenuePhoto: Yellowave, photo credit: © yellowave.co.uk
Yellowave Beach sport venue is located in Brighton Beach, and it’s open all year round. The venue offers beach volleyball, beach soccer, beach rugby, footvolley and tournaments. You can book your beach volleyball class online, by phone or in person. You can also hire a court or a pitch and have a go. No experience necessary. Yellowave is also an excellent place for a special occasion, kid’s party, taster session and a family get together fun. Add on BBQ or hire of the Clubhouse to make it an even more special event.
Jungle Rumble GolfPhoto: Jungle Rumble, photo credit: © junglerumble.co.uk
Jungle Rumble Golf is a fun crazy golf venue located in the vibrant and easily accessible Brighton beach. The site has got two full 18 hole course with lots of features and tricks. The caveman course leads behind a plunging waterfall, while the treetop course allows you to scale the heights of the jungle canopy, navigating rocky outcrops and precipices. The beach bear is accompanied by a roof terrace, which provides a stunning panoramic view over the English Channel. Take a break at the terrace and indulge in the range of Deli toasties, chips, freshly made milkshakes and ice creams.
Lagoon Watersports – Hove & MarinaPhoto: Lagoon Watersports, photo credit: © lagoo.co.uk
Experience an incredible watersports experience at Lagoon Watersports. Enjoy stand-up paddleboarding, also known as SUP and other water sporting activities like windsurfing, kayaking, waterboarding, powerboat driving, yacht sailing trips and many others. All activities are available for all level of experience. Friendly instructors will help you to remain totally at ease when you’re engaging in activities you have no previous experience.
Rampion Wind Farm ToursPhoto: Rampion Offshore Wind Farm, photo credit: © rampionoffshore.com
Try a once in a lifetime opportunity to see Brighton’s famous Rampion Wind Farm. Experience a panoramic view of England’s ‘South Coast Riviera’ when you cruise nine nautical miles in each direction in the 10m ultra-stable 700HP catamaran the famous Brighton Driver 2. Enjoy the sea breeze when you float in between the magnificent windmills, and marvel at the epic scale while you listen to Skipper Paul commentary. Tours last 2-3 hours and depart at 9 am 12 pm and 3 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Adventure ConnectionsPhoto: Adventure Connections, photo credit: © adventureconnections.co.uk
Adventure Connections offer a wide choice of adventure activities including outdoor karting, windsurfing, argot diving, archery, axe throwing, jet skiing, powerboat ride and many more. You can build your outdoor activity to suit your budget. If you’re looking for an unusual experience for your party, you can add lots of fun activities such as goggle football, shock ball and many more.